Friday, June 25, 2010

Answered Prayers

Mostly this summer our goal is broad, go into the city, meet people and be light in dark places. For the past few weeks I have been discouraged by what this looks like practically because, honestly, this city is still a man's world...

So I have been meeting lots of men. Like the guy who didn't want me to leave his coffee shop so he wouldn't give me my change and spent the whole hour I was there hovering over me. Or like the guys in another cafe who when I ordered a muffin and not a drink asked me if I wanted to drink them, no thank you creepers.

Point being, I have had trouble meeting women in the city to spend my time with. Thus, I have been praying that the Lord would bring at least three women into my life that I could be light to.

Fast forward to Monday. I entered my gym and a lady walked up to me and literally started sharing some of her life story with me while crying. I would find this strange, but honestly things like this happen to me quite frequently. She then invited me over to her place for lunch this past Wednesday!

On Thursday I was meandering on a treadmill, the ellipticals were taken and let's be honest I'm not a runner. Anyway, I looked at the girl next to me and used the classic get to know you line, "what is your name?" At the end of our time in the gym we walked together to New Space Theatre so I could show her where VOX, our church, meets on Sundays. We then exchachaged contact details, a hug, and a "see ya Sunday."

On Friday, after having three bad expirences at a particular coffee shop, including an instance where they closed early and turned the lights off to say get out, I decided to go back. I had a three minute conversation with one of the ladies that worked there and before I left she handed me a note with her number and a message saying she would love to chat more with me.

All this has reminded me that the Lord does answer prayers and that his timing is perfect. Please pray that these women, Mansi, Marcia, and Chepo, would see and experiences God's glory.

1 comment:

  1. Rachel,
    This posting was such a blessing to me. God is so good and His timing is Divine. I will be praying for Mansi, Marcia and Chepo.
    Love and Prayers,

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete